Testosterone CYPIONATE INJECTION Therapy
Andropause is a result of low testosterone levels throughout your body. Symptoms of this condition can include a decrease in strength and endurance; a lack of energy and drive; a noticeable decrease in sex drive; a less frequent and, or less forceful erection; feeling sad and, or irritable, and feelings of depression; just to name a few. This is where male testosterone therapy takes place.
Although Testosterone Replacement Therapy has been utilized safely and effectively, it is necessary to discuss potential risks. You should also be aware of the alternatives to testosterone replacement therapy, including not receiving the treatment. Be sure that you are doing what is right for you. If you are unsure, then perhaps you should take some time to weigh your options or consult another health care provider.
Polycythemia – is a condition in which there is a net increase in the total number of red blood cells in the body. Therefore, when on testosterone replacement therapy, the patient should plan on donating blood 2-3 times per year.
Testicular atrophy – is a medical condition in which the male reproductive organs diminish in size and may be accompanied by loss of function. We can prescribe Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), which will prevent testicular atrophy associated with testosterone replacement therapy. Additional causes of testicular atrophy can include atherosclerosis, cryptorchidism, insufficient luteinizing hormone production most frequently seen in the hypothyroid state, and vascular injury during inguinal hernia surgery.
BENEFITS OF HCG THERAPY TO INCREASE NATURAL TESTOSTERONE PRODUCTION IN MEN
Benefits of ‘HCG Therapy to Increase Natural Testosterone Production in Men with Supplementing Testosterone Cypionate, Gel or Cream and Anastrozole’:
- HCG stimulates the testes to produce increased testosterone naturally in the same manner as Luteinizing hormone (LH)
- Increases physical energy and elimination of chronic fatigue
- Improves sex drive
- Improves sexual performance
- Improves mood
- Reduces depression
- Increases lean muscle mass
- Increases strength and endurance as a result of exercise
- Reduces body fat due to increased exercise
- Increases sperm count and therefore male fertility
- Avoids the loss of natural testosterone production by the testes when testosterone medication alone is administered in male hormone replacement therapy because it prevents/inhibits the patient’s endocrine system (the HPTA (hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular axis) natural negative-feedback loop from shutting down or diminishing the natural production of testosterone by the testes and causing testicular atrophy.
- Avoids the testicular atrophy that can occur among male patients when testosterone medication alone is administered in male hormone replacement therapy because it prevents/inhibits endocrine system (the HPTA (hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular axis) natural negative-feedback loop from shutting down or diminishing the natural production of testosterone by the testes and causing testicular atrophy.
- Anastrozole aromatase inhibitor prevents the patient’s increased testosterone level in a male undergoing HCG Therapy with Supplementing Testosterone from being converted to estrogens.
- Supplementing Testosterone Cypionate, gel or cream enable the patient to achieve treatment objective for lab test free testosterone level otherwise not possible by HCG stimulation of testes’ testosterone production alone without adverse side effect.
- The use of both HCG and testosterone medications enables the male patient to have two sources of increased testosterone to achieve treatment objectives without loss of natural testosterone production or testicular atrophy
Prostate Health – If there is any concern about prostate cancer, you are not a good candidate for Testosterone therapy with Indian Lake Medical. Prostate Surface Antigen (PSA) blood levels are drawn every 3 months on Testosterone therapy protocol. If the PSA remains stable, treatment may be continued with, of course, laboratory data collected every 3 months. You should notify your health care provider, at your annual visit – or pretreatment, that you are undergoing Testosterone therapy and that you may need follow-up care, pertaining to the Testosterone therapy.
Aromatization – is the conversion of testosterone to estrogen. Excess levels of estrogen can be harmful in men. Typically our physicians/practitioners will prescribe Anastrozole as an aromatization-inhibitor, to eliminate the conversion of testosterone to estrogen, at the start of therapy – we recommend to add Arimidex 0.1 mg – Estrogen blocker given to keep estrogen level less than 30.
- If PSA increases on testosterone therapy, you will be referred out to see an urologist. Testosterone therapy will be discontinued.
The First Step – Detection
When it comes to treating and eliminating the symptoms of low testosterone, detecting the problem is a critical first step.
Hormone replacement therapy can be highly effective for males suffering the symptoms of low testosterone. In numerous clinical studies, subjects have reported dramatic improvements in their symptoms; these include:
- Improved sense of well-being
- Increased mental & physical energy
- A decrease in feelings of irritability, sadness, nervousness
- Improved sleep quality
- Improved sex drive & sexual performance
- Increased lean body mass, a decrease in fat mass
- Increased muscle strength & endurance
Within three to six weeks of testosterone therapy, most men report improvements in energy, mood, sexual performance, confidence, self-esteem, and an overall improvement in their sense of well-being.
Typical Dosing Instructions:
Typical sig: 0.3 to 0.5 ml 2 times per week. i.e. Monday and Thursday in the a.m.
PRICE: 10 ml vial (3 month therapy) $500 (or) $50 per weekly injection
Lab fee is extra:
- Lab collection, assessment and review fee: (with insurance) $85
- Lab collection, assessment, and review fee: (without private insurance) $135
- Lab values are redrawn every 3 months.
Please review the following items, which discuss informed consent. Your clinical provider will attempt to answer all of your questions to your satisfaction. At you consultation you will discuss each topic with your clinician.
- Do you smoke cigarettes?
- Do you have a history of enlarged prostate?
- Do you have known liver dysfunction?
- Do you take cholesterol lowering agents?
- Do you drink alcohol?
- Do you take ANY prescription medications?
- Have you ever taken anabolic – steroids?
- Have you ever received testosterone replacement therapy?
Indian Lake Recommended Dosage Algorithm:
- Therapeutic Testosterone range – 450-800mg/dl
- Testosterone Level < 600: DOSING: Weekly 1cc (200mg Testosterone Cypionate) redraw blood levels @ 3 months
- At 3 months labs: Testosterone level > 700: DOSING: Decrease weekly dosage to 0.5 cc; redraw lab level @ 6 weeks
- Arimidex 0.1mg throughout Testosterone Therapy (goal to keep estrogen level less than 30)
- If Testosterone Level reaches > 847 – decrease weekly dosage to 0.25cc; redraw level @ 6 weeks
- Arimidex 0.1mg – estrogen blocker (goal to keep estrogen level less than 30)
- Non candidates for therapy; any person under age 26 years old – Testosterone levels greater than 600 on initial consultation.
LAB: (with no insurance): $135 | LAB: (with insurance) $85